Why Conflict?

There is a time when we're too quick to judge, to build assumption and take conclusion.

A time when we're too sensitive to swallow unintentional things people do towards us,
and a time we can't be sensitive enough to seek understanding of the reason behind.

We hurt people. People hurt us.
We're human beings with inevitable conflict -- conflicting inside and outside.

It's a matter of how we react to certain conditions which don't fit our expectations or preferences. It may drive us emotionally drained, but somehow it won't devastate us if we know how to get this managed.

Often we value conflict higher than our relationship, as if it has ruined everything -- those days and years of togetherness and the memories invested in it.

I might hurt in one time and get hurt in another time. It's no doubt.
Yet I found a paradox that conflict is a new kind of medicine.

It's bitter enough to restore me by admitting my vulnerable areas, communicating sadness, anger, or disappointment honestly and practicing the art of dealing with the feelings.

It somehow looks acceptable and tempting to avoid people we're in conflict with and keep their mistake in our mind.

I often think so whenever I have conflict with anyone. But then this thought occupied me:

"....and if I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so that I can remove mountains, but do-not-have-love, I-am-nothing..."


How could I become so merciless while I worship The Merciful God?

It's a beautiful pain, may I say? 

Comments

Popular Posts