Why Love?

This question's stuck in my head over years: why love?

As it is said:
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

If...I can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge...have faith that can move mountains...give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.


...love, as the first and greatest commandment... oh why?

Feeling curious and challenged, I attempted to practice it out. I failed. I got up. Repeat.

To give even if never get paid back.
To pray and bless those who hurt (un)/intentionally.
To keep no records of wrongs and offer acceptance to embrace over mistakes and failure.
To compliment and encourage sincerely.
To convey a rebuke in a constructive way.

Then my understanding is getting better.
It's true, love is beyond a cliche word and knowledge.

I felt what's named as a heart and mind fully occupied by peacefulness.
I felt something really satisfying my soul, much better than feeling of retaliation.
I figured out another version of feeling content.
I recognized a supranatural beauty disguised in the battle of practicing it.

I imagine two persons are growing in practice to love one another. 
Maaaan, isn't it the coolest thing in this world?

Yeah....the greatest of these all is love!


Love is ultimately a solid reflection of your faith and hope.

❤️

Comments

Popular Posts